Monday, October 11, 2010

They are writing!

I have had a wonderful last couple of weeks with my kindergarten class in writing!  The visual we have been using in class about 'the space between invention and convention' has been on my mind a lot as my kids are writing in writer's workshop.  One little girl knows all of her letter sounds and freely writes stories (mostly pattern books because those are the ones she is reading also).  I found her sounding out 'shell'.  She was just sitting there 'shhhhhhhhhh'...'ssssshhhhhhhhhhh'.  She truned to me and said, 's' sounds like 'sssss', but I need to write 'shhhhh'.  She was ready to be introduced to the digraph sh.  We talked about some other words that use that sound and she was off; she wrote about shells and sheep and ships that day in her 'I like' book!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment